Every 12 months, the Moneyfacts product specialists take an in-depth look over the ethical funds sector to determine which are judged worthy of our coveted four- and five-star annual Star Ratings. Many different elements are carefully weighed and judged in comparison with the other products currently available to determine which ethical funds are truly leaders in their class when it comes to the benefits they provide to consumers.
The Moneyfacts Star Ratings are an impartial and highly respected overview of many categories of financial products, valued by professionals, providers and consumers alike.
The features and benefits of each ethical fund products that we closely examine are expanded on in the ‘What elements of ethical funds do we look at?’ section below.
Moneyfacts Star Ratings are both independent and impartial – meaning we can provide consumers with an expert analysis for the whole market – so you can have confidence that the ethical funds we score highly really are among the best that can be found.
A considerable number of features are considered in the final star rating awarded to an ethical fund product. These include:
• Flexibility of investment amount
• Initial entry charges
• Ongoing charges
• Linked products available
• In addition, the level of involvement with the investing companies is considered
• The avoidance of negative investing, including that which benefits from animal testing, armaments, environmental damage and oppressive regimes
• The support of positive investment, incorporating employee welfare/rights, packaging reduction and sustainable forestry.
Disclaimer: This information is intended solely to provide guidance and is not financial advice. Moneyfacts will not be liable for any loss arising from your use or reliance on this information. If you are in any doubt, Moneyfacts recommends you obtain independent financial advice.