The expertise of the Moneyfacts team is regularly in demand, with journalists and media outlets from across the financial services and national spectrum relying on our experts for up-to-the-minute information. Here's a quick overview of just some of the places we've been in the news recently:
- Elsewhere in the mortgage realm, Mortgage Solutions reported on our data that two-year mortgage rates have fallen on a monthly basis, as did Mortgage Strategy, the latter quoting our finance expert Darren Cook: "Competition is driving down prices, with the near same drop week-by-week on the average two-year fix. The trend of LTVs falling across the board is set to continue, as this decline is due to competition… and lenders are repricing rather than introducing new products."
- This is Money featured a report on landlords and the buy-to-let (BTL) market, using our BTL mortgage rate figures for added context, with a similar story reported in The Times and Landlord News.
- Turning our attention to savings, The Spectator used our data to inform a piece on the best easy access savings rates, while Your Money, This is Money and The Sun reported on the chart-topping easy access launch from ICICI Bank UK, quoting our finance expert Rachel Springall in the process: "It's fantastic to see more competition in the easy access market, especially as many savers would use this type of account because of its simplicity and flexibility … [and] it's good to see providers improving their range to accommodate demand. It just goes to show that savers need to consider the more unfamiliar brands if they are getting a raw deal with their existing bank."
- The Sun also highlighted Coventry Building Society's chart-topping fixed ISAs, again using Rachel as an expert resource.
- Our research on one-year ISA rates rising to a near three-year high caught the attention of AOL and Yahoo, with finance expert Darren Cook quoted extensively throughout the reporting.
- Ethical banking was the order of the day for This is Money, with Rachel providing some bespoke research and a quote to inform the piece. She also provided some insight for The Sun – this time on credit cards – and was quoted in The Sunday Times in its piece on the increasing need for banking customers to have access to a mobile phone if they want the best deals.
- Savvy Woman compared the merits of 0% balance transfer credit card and loans, highlighting Moneyfacts as the place to go to find the best deals.
Information is correct as of the date of publication (shown at the top of this article). Any products featured may be withdrawn by their provider or changed at any time.